Humminbird®’s New Hardwater Hero: The 688ci HD Ice Combo
New ICE 688 offers three formidable technologies for ice anglers … and a whole lot more
EUFAULA, AL. (December 4, 2014) – Across the Ice Belt, anglers are already banging up early-ice walleye, panfish and pike. And, as cold temperatures befall much of the Ice Belt, all indications point to a good, long ice fishing season.
Market research reveals that ice fishing participation continues to grow. And with it, more anglers are turning to Humminbird for three formidable, built-in technologies: high-speed LCD flasher,Precision GPS and Humminbird LakeMaster charts.
New for 2015, Humminbird brings ice anglers the new 688ci HD Ice Combo which offers tons of fish-finding power in one unit, plus faster processing, improved screen brightness and functionality optimized for the rigors of ice fishing.
Right out of the gate, the ICE 688 features a high-speed LCD with digital depth read-out to remove guesswork and Precision GPS to help you find and return to productive spots. Optional Humminbird LakeMaster charts provide structural detail of high-probability fish-holding locations. Each is also compatible with Humminbird AutoChart™ to utilize custom maps created during open water, as well Navionics® Gold/HotMaps™.
And that’s just for starters!
688ci HD Ice Combo – currently shipping
- Ultra-bright 5-inch, 256-color, 640H x 640V HD display for easy viewing, even in harsh sunlight
- DualBeam PLUS w/SwitchFire sonar; up to 8x zoom in graph mode
- Graph mode allows review of jigging/fish-finding history
- Maximum depth: 1000 feet
- Power: 4000 W (PTP); 500 W (RMS)
- Included XI 9 20 transducer (with MHX ICE hardware and float): 200kHz / 20 degrees; 83 kHz / 60 degrees
- 2x Dynamic Zoom in digital flasher mode
- Digital flasher in three different color palettes, including Humminbird’s exclusive 6-color palette, a must-have for fishing shallow weeds
- Target Line Depth Marker, which can be set to identify any depth in the water column
- Internal Precision GPS
- Built-in Humminbird UniMap base maps
- Single card slot/upgradeable software
- Humminbird LakeMaster chart compatibility, including AutoChart
- Quick Disconnect bracket mount
- Optional ATV/snowmobile RAM mount, RM ATV, #740116-1
- Optional vehicle windshield RAM mount, RM AUTO, #740117-1
- Convert to warm water use with optional portable transducer
688ci HD Ice Combo Retail: $599.99
And for those ice anglers who prefer more traditional flasher displays, Humminbird’s ICE 35, ICE 45 and ICE 55 offer loads of features. Selectable dual-frequency operation provides plenty of coverage options and extreme-temperature LCD read-outs perform day after day, no matter the conditions.
About Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc.
Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Johnson Outdoors and consists of the Humminbird®, Minn Kota® and Cannon® brands. Humminbird® is a leading global innovator and manufacturer of marine electronics products including fishfinders, multifunction displays, autopilots, ice flashers, and premium cartography products. Minn Kota® is the world’s leading manufacturer of electric trolling motors, as well as offers a complete line of shallow water anchors, battery chargers and marine accessories. Cannon® is the leader in controlled-depth fishing and includes a full line of downrigger products and accessories.