Humminbird® ONIX™/ION™ 2.000 Software Released
Latest software makes award-winning unit even faster, offers additional features
EUFAULA, AL (February 25, 2015) – Humminbird ONIX™ and ION™ just got even better, thanks to Version 2.000 Software, a free download now available to all ONIX and ION users.
For starters, Version 2.000 dramatically increases the speed and performance of both ONIX and ION units. That means that exclusive features like ONIX’s AutoChart Live™, SmartStrike™ and CrossTouch™ all operate with enhanced responsiveness, making them all the more potent. In total, Version 2.000 includes many performance enhancements!
To begin the update process, users should first verify they have registered their product on Humminbird.com, followed by reading the documents found at this link in their entirety before performing the software update. This is critical.
Following product registration and reading the PDF instructions, users should download the software to their computer. Please note that the file download can take up to 30 minutes depending on your internet connectivity speeds. Once successfully downloaded onto your PC, unzip the files on your computer before copying them to a blank 4 GB or greater Class 6 SD card. Do not rename files.
Once the files have been saved to the blank SD card, eject the card from your computer or external card reader and insert into your Humminbird unit. Please note that during the update process it is critical that you maintain continual power to your unit.
Once installed, ONIX users will note significantly improved speed as well new features, including:
- New Real Time Sonar (RTS) window in Down Imaging (DI) mode that provides instant view of all returns, which is ideal for vertical fishing situations.
- NMEA 0183 defaults and on/off toggle
- AIS Source Selection
- AutoChart Live data loads at cursor
- Partial Fuel Tool networking support
- 50/83/455 kHz 2D Offset Menu
- Simultaneous Med/High CHIRP support with SM3000
- 14 Pin 200/455 DI transducer support
- Additional Airmar transducer support